Monday, November 8, 2010

Award

For those of you who know Will Bendix (Editor of Zigzag) you'll know he can be a hard man to get hold of. Editors always have a lot on their plates, either putting a mag together or dealing with way too much admin. I had actually been trying to get hold of him for a few days but when I heard my phone ringing at 10.15 pm and saw his name blinking back, I was a bit unsure as firstly I knew the surf was going to be pretty dismal the next day and secondly, it's not like him to make social calls or just phone to chat about our next adventure at that time of the evening. So when an excited Will Bendix answers back, quite loud into the phone as it sounded like he was in a club, I knew something was up. Hey Greg, Well done bro! You and AVG just won a cool award. You guys got Best Visuals for the Africa Project at the Media 24, Excellence Awards!  Nice trophy, mounted certificate, really sweet! Oh and a little cash as well…
I popped round the office the next day to say hi to the boys and pick up the trophy. Apparently I owe all the guys expensive international beers or something, fair enough guys haha. But from Alan and I, we are really stoked and big thanks to Zigzag and Media 24!

1 comment: